I am mostly interested on the applications of satellite altimetry to gravity field modeling and bathymetry estimation. At the present time I concentrate on Regional Land and Marine Gravity Field modeling. Multisatellite altimetry (GEOSAT, ERS1, ERS2 and TOPEX/POSEIDON) altimetry data are combined to determine high accuracy and high resolution geoid and gravity models. The latest studies were performed in the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean around the island of New Foundland, Canada. Why Mediterranean? Since, the Mediterranean basin is the place where the Euroasian plate overthrusts the subdacting African one, thus of high geophysical and geodynamics interest. Here is a link to some papers refering studies conducted in this region. PUBLICATIONS.
Some interesting and helpful information on satellite altimetry can be found in the following links.
· Explore IAG Special Study Group 3.167 Home Page on Regional and Marine Gravity Field Modeling
· Explore IAG Special Study Group 3.186 Home Page on Altimetry data processing for gravity, geoid and sea surface topography determination
· Satellite Altimetry in AVISO
· Satellite Altimetry in ESA
· Satellite Altimetry in NOAA
· Information on TOPEX/POSEIDON
· Information on JASON-1
· Information on ERS1/2
· Information on ENVISAT
· Information on GEOSAT and GEOSAT Follow On (GFO)
· Information on CryoSat